While stuck in traffic today, I got to hear some really great songs-- thanks Alt XM 47! I tried to keep them straight n my head, but then i just busted out a pen and wrote on my hand. (I also wrote down my grocery list so my hand is very ... wordy.)
anyways, so 'modern man' got me thinking about a book that i heard about in my literacy class. It's a storybook about a boy who wanted a doll. His brother teased him, his dad bought him a basketball + net, train set, etc. And he liked those toys, but he still wanted a doll- to hug and hold, take care of, and put to bed at night. His grandma bought him one, and his father had a fit. But she told him that he needs that doll to love and take care of, so that when he grows up he will be a great father who loves and takes care of his children, hugs and holds them, and puts them to bed at night.
I remember the boys at my daycare holding + hugging, taking care of, and putting to bed the baby dolls. They were just one year old, but were already practicing something that didn't need to be taught: love.
so. would you give your son a doll? will we give bebe chikn one? why not?
before i end. must write down songs that i've been listening to lately. if nothing else, so I can download them later. :)
"Terminally Chill" - Neon Indian
"Modern Man" - Arcade Fire
"Write about Love" -Belle & Sebastian
No comments:
Post a Comment